Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sit and Spin...

The old finish for "Sit and spin..." when I was in high school was: "...when you reach my elbow, the ride's over". Yes, it's insulting. But it was high school. ;)

Yesterday, I went to Serendipity Yarn Shoppe in Muscatine for 2 spinning classes. As taken from their website:

Spinning Clinic with Abi…..June 4, 10-Noon
Tired of Spinning Roving but not sure how to handle other forms of fiber? Bring your Wheel and learn from Abi about spinning from batts, locks, clouds and from the fold.

Spinning Class with Abi…1-4:00pm
Colorful Spinning – Beginner
Love all the multi-colored yarns but aren’t sure of your ability to mix and blend? Can’t tell a shade from a hue? Abi will teach you basic terminology and simple color principles to create your own colorways. Should be able to comfortable spin a single and spin a 2 ply yarn.

Abi is a really good instructor and she's really nice too.

Now I'm no longer nervous about colour stuff and will probably make up some coloured yarn and everything... which is also making me think about over-dyeing some of the natural brown-gray stuff I have. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment